Discover Three of the Most Expensive Jaguars in the World
If you’re a savvy car buff near Washington, D.C., Baltimore, and Arnold, you’re likely hip to the current lineup of exquisite Jaguar vehicles available in the area. But did you know there are Jaguar models in the world that carry price tags of more than $20 million?
Come along with us as we explore some of the most expensive Jaguars in existence here at Jaguar Annapolis. You already knew the Jaguar brand was an elite automotive family—but the value of some of the planet’s most coveted Jaguar models may greatly surprise you!
Jaw-dropping Jaguar Price Tags
Among the most highly-coveted Jaguar vehicles in existence are the following bank-busting models. Are there buyers willing to pay such a premium price for these rare cars? You bet there are!
- 1955 Jaguar D-Type: The most expensive Jaguar ever to be gaveled off, to date, is a 1955 Jaguar D-Type, which sold for $21,780,000 through a Sotheby’s auction in August 2016. This model won the 24 Hours of Le Mans race in 1956 and had only two private owners after racer Ecurie Ecosse drove it to victory at Le Mans. This D-Type stands as the only Le Mans-winning Jaguar C- or D-Type vehicle to survive intact and, fundamentally, in its original form.
- 1953 Jaguar C-Type: Prior to the aforementioned D-Type that topped $21 million at auction, the former most expensive Jaguar to be sold to the highest bidder was a 1953 Jaguar C-Type, which boasted a fourth-place win at Le Mans. It sold for $13.2 million in 2015.
- 1966 Jaguar XJ13: The 1966 Jaguar XJ13 is a prototype racing car that was launched by Jaguar in 1966. Only one model was made, and though it boasts a top speed of 274 km/hr (170 mph) and 0-100 km/hr acceleration (0-60 mph) in just 3.4 seconds, due to various circumstances it was never raced. This one-of-a-kind car is valued at $15 million.
Check Out Jaguar’s Latest: Pricing for the Current Lineup
Jaguar classic cars have a timeless appeal. Their unique frames symbolize speed, power, and refinement as no other sports cars can, and this racing DNA lives on in the current Jaguar lineup. If you’re interested in bringing home a sleek and potent Jaguar of your own, but you don’t have twenty million to spend on one of the most expensive Jaguar models, don’t despair. Check out one of these exciting new vehicles instead:
- The Jaguar F-TYPE is the modern pinnacle of the brand’s sporting heritage, and it starts at just $61,600 MSRP.
- Jaguar SUVs like the F-PACE and the E-PACE start at $45,200 MSRP and $39,950 MSRP, respectively. Like the all-electric I-PACE ($69,850 MSRP), they’re relatively recent entries to the lineup. However, they’ve already made an indelible impression on Edgewater and Crofton drivers.
- If you’re after a sophisticated and high-powered sedan, consider the peerless Jaguar XJ, priced at $76,000 MSRP. Jaguar XF and Jaguar XE models, priced at $51,100 MSRP and $39,900 MSRP, are undeniably attractive options, too.
Come See Your Favorite Jaguar Models in Person!
If you want to take a look at some of the latest Jaguar offerings to hit the road, the professional team at Jaguar Annapolis is happy to oblige.
Car lovers can peruse an exceptional inventory of new and pre-owned Jaguar models and test them out at our state-of-the-art dealership. Jaguar Annapolis is located at 101 Ferguson Road in Annapolis, just a short drive from Severna Park. Stop in and see or contact us today!
Learn More with Jaguar Annapolis
If you’re looking for a new luxury SUV, the Jaguar E-PACE may be right for you! Annapolis drivers love its style and performance! Standard features include all-around exterior LED lighting, state-of-the-art driver assistance systems that enhance safety, and state-of-the-art technology to enhance infotainment. Jaguar Annapolis brings you this helpful guide to the 2020 Jaguar E-PACE configurations….
You know that the latest Jaguar I-PACE offers a potent electric powertrain and a sleek, attention-grabbing exterior, but what can you expect from its cabin? If you’re ready to get an inside look at the Jaguar I-PACE interior, we’re here to help. We’ve covered all the most exciting elements of the Jaguar I-PACE design below,…
View Inventory Contact Us If you’re a savvy car buff near Washington, D.C., Baltimore, and Arnold, you’re likely hip to the current lineup of exquisite Jaguar vehicles available in the area. But did you know there are Jaguar models in the world that carry price tags of more than $20 million? Come along with us…