Discover Three of the Most Expensive Jaguars in the World
If you’re a savvy car buff near Washington, D.C., Baltimore, and Arnold, you’re likely hip to the current lineup of exquisite Jaguar vehicles available in the area. But did you know there are Jaguar models in the world that carry price tags of more than $20 million?
Come along with us as we explore some of the most expensive Jaguars in existence here at Jaguar Annapolis. You already knew the Jaguar brand was an elite automotive family—but the value of some of the planet’s most coveted Jaguar models may greatly surprise you!
Jaw-dropping Jaguar Price Tags
Among the most highly-coveted Jaguar vehicles in existence are the following bank-busting models. Are there buyers willing to pay such a premium price for these rare cars? You bet there are!
- 1955 Jaguar D-Type: The most expensive Jaguar ever to be gaveled off, to date, is a 1955 Jaguar D-Type, which sold for $21,780,000 through a Sotheby’s auction in August 2016. This model won the 24 Hours of Le Mans race in 1956 and had only two private owners after racer Ecurie Ecosse drove it to victory at Le Mans. This D-Type stands as the only Le Mans-winning Jaguar C- or D-Type vehicle to survive intact and, fundamentally, in its original form.
- 1953 Jaguar C-Type: Prior to the aforementioned D-Type that topped $21 million at auction, the former most expensive Jaguar to be sold to the highest bidder was a 1953 Jaguar C-Type, which boasted a fourth-place win at Le Mans. It sold for $13.2 million in 2015.
- 1966 Jaguar XJ13: The 1966 Jaguar XJ13 is a prototype racing car that was launched by Jaguar in 1966. Only one model was made, and though it boasts a top speed of 274 km/hr (170 mph) and 0-100 km/hr acceleration (0-60 mph) in just 3.4 seconds, due to various circumstances it was never raced. This one-of-a-kind car is valued at $15 million.
Check Out Jaguar’s Latest: Pricing for the Current Lineup
Jaguar classic cars have a timeless appeal. Their unique frames symbolize speed, power, and refinement as no other sports cars can, and this racing DNA lives on in the current Jaguar lineup. If you’re interested in bringing home a sleek and potent Jaguar of your own, but you don’t have twenty million to spend on one of the most expensive Jaguar models, don’t despair.
Why Are Classic Cars So Expensive?
Classic cars like the Jaguar D-TYPE have plenty of curb appeal—that much is obvious to anyone with even a passing interest in automobiles. But curb appeal alone won’t explain the meteoric rise in prices that classic cars tend to see over time. So, why are classic cars so expensive? The prices that these models fetch at auctions are due to a variety of factors:
- When a car is rare, demand naturally tends to outpace supply. Even if a car was only worth a couple thousand dollars back when it was made, the fact that only a few models have survived into the present could cause it to be worth much more today.
- Classic cars are pursued by enthusiasts, but increasingly, they’re also pursued by investors. The prices associated with classic cars are rising faster than the prices associated with plenty of other commodities—including gold—so these models attract a lot of investor interest—and this causes prices to rise even more quickly.
- For many, owning a piece of history is a goal worth pursuing in its own right. Classic cars are not just automobiles built for driving; they’re artifacts that show off the achievements of the past and reveal the influences on today’s more common production vehicles.
Learn More with Jaguar Annapolis Authorized Service
If you’re a savvy car buff near Washington, D.C., Baltimore, and Arnold, you’re likely hip to the current lineup of exquisite Jaguar vehicles available in the area. But did you know there are Jaguar models in the world that carry price tags of more than $20 million? Come along with us as we explore some…
How does Jaguar InControl® work? Jaguar owners or Edgewater drivers interested in getting behind the wheel of a Jaguar model will benefit greatly from understanding how Jaguar InControl® works. Learn more with Jaguar Annapolis Authorized Service! Contact Us What Is Jaguar InControl®? What exactly is Jaguar InControl®? In short, it is a suite of services and applications available…
You might be wondering, “what does the Jaguar warranty cover?” Every Jaguar model from 2016 or newer comes with the Jaguar EliteCare Warranty that offers luxury treatment for your luxury model and added peace of mind on Annapolis roads. Learn more below and contact Jaguar Annapolis Authorized Service if you have any questions. Contact Us Jaguar EliteCare Benefits If you…